September 25, 2013

Hello - A New Member

I just wanted to take a moment to say hello and introduce myself. My name is Julie and I live in Florida. Some of you may have even heard of the town I live in: Zephyrhills. No, I was not the Powerball winner back in June :( .  That would have been too easy, lol.

Anyway, I fell in love with cross stitch over 10 years ago and found it to be a great stress relief while studying at Michigan State University. I like a variety of concepts/designs and haven't really figured out who my fave designers are. I do love Margaret Sherry designs mainly because they are fun! I am also fond of larger designs, as you can see in my blog. Besides cross stitch, I enjoy photography and writing. Also evidenced in my blog.

I work for the State of Florida as a Veteran's Employment Rep. I am a Navy veteran. I have a couple of cats that are at once the love of my life and bain of my existence (those of you who love cats may understand). I look forward to learning and sharing from you all on this blog. I have stitched at least 1 MS design, but they are on my portable drive which is currently back home over 1500 miles away (I am in Denver for training for my job). I will post when I return home.

9 comments:

Preeti said...

Welcome , Julie!! Nice to have you here:)

Valma said...

welcome =)
I wish you lot's of fun here
and can't wait to see your pictures =)
hugs from France
xxx

cucki said...

Hello and welcome from South Africa :)
Sending you huge hippos hugs from happy wild land xx

♥ Nia said...

Welcome Jules!!!
I hope you will have fun with our group and meet great new friends :) We all like many designers hehehe I think it's hard to pick just one, for any cross stitcher! But here we share our love for Margaret Sherry's designs, just one of the many we love so much :D hehehe
Have fun!!! :D

Stitching Noni said...

Hi Jules, welcome :)
It's lovely to meet you
Hugs from Australia

#HeatherMakes said...

Welcome Jules!

Hope you have lots of fun here xxxx

Detallitos de Ysabel said...

Welcome to the group Jules!

Angel said...

Welcome to the group, enjoy the fun!

Jules said...

Thank you all for the welcomes!