January 15, 2014

2014 SALs (stitch-a-long)

Just to clarify, all groups members can stitch any design they want, at any time. SAL is a group activity, you can join or not, it's up to each one of you. Of course, the more stitchers who join, the more fun we will have :) but each stitcher decides if they have the time and willing to do it.
The goal is to stitch the same design and post photos to show our progress along the year. For almost everyone, this is a motivation starter, watching others progress on their projects, motivates to stitch more on their own as well :) A great way to keep stitching and not give up on big projects!

So, after this definition, we would think it's best to pick bigger designs to stitch along the year, than smaller things that we can easily make at any time, don't you agree? I think we should pick other things besides Sports&Hobbies, everyone can easily stitch one of those charts in one weekend. And, with so many options on that series, we wouldn't be stitching the same thing at the same time.. not really the goal for a SAL, right?

I'm taking a risk with bigger designs and I hope you will all be pleased and join to stitch :D

Did you notice the title? Plural :) After reading all your comments and thinking a lot about this.. let me tell you, it's not easy to be the one to decide something for the whole group :p So, I thought, we could open more than one SAL and each person will join the one they like the most! Is that good?
Not too many options, otherwise, there will be 3 persons doing one design, another 3 on other, and so on.. I think it's more fun to keep 2 big groups.
Let's keep it simple: 2 options :) Is it good for everyone???

For 2014, SAL #5 and #6 :)

#5 Spring Bouquet
Stitchers: Lija, Julianne, Preeti, Noni, Heather, Ana Ferreira, Debbie Vermeulen, Judith


Pattern from Cross Stitch Crazy issue 174

#6 Sunday Snooze
Stitchers: Amber, Noni, Angel, Debbie Vermeulen, Judith


Pattern from Cross Stitch Crazy issue 180

Updated 2014.01.19
#7 Bags of Fun
Stitchers: Amber, Anne Fraser, Noni, Angel, Ana Ferreira, Debbie Vermeulen, Laura, Judith, Zurainny


Pattern from Cross Stitch Crazy issue 185

You can join one or all, it's up to you! The deadline would be the end of the year, each person can stitch at their own pace and post a progress photo during the first week of each month (from Februrary to December).

Does this work for everyone? :)
Would you like to stitch #5? #6? #7? All?

32 comments:

amber said...

Oooh, I've been wanting to do Sunday Snooze ever since I picked up the magazine and saw it on the cover. Since it was already on my list for 2014, count me in for SAL #6.

I also really like Bags of fun, and already own it, so I'd be willing to go for a SAL#7 this year as well, if anyone else wants to stitch it this year too.

♥ Nia said...

Why not? If more people want to stitch Bags of fun, we will add #7 :)
Keep your comments coming! :D
I just hope we will get a big group on each SAL, at least 6 stitcher for each one..

#HeatherMakes said...

Oooooo I don't know which one to choose :) Such a great idea! I don't mind not doing the sports and hobbies. Just an idea that I had :)
I will see what charts I have the choose my SAL xxx

Lija Broka said...

I think I have both the patterns. I might be realistic for once and just join one. Sal #5. Obviously if I manage it on time I'll do the next too. Are you going to do name lists for this one? Also anyone has a photo for the 'bags of fun' I am not sure what the design looks like so not sure if I have it.

Zurainny Ismail said...

Excellent pick Nia!! I'd love to stitch either one but I can't decide yet as I don't have any of those patterns. It's been quite some time since I went to the local bookstores - I'll start a quest for CSC 174 and 180 soon. :D

Anne said...

Thanks so much Nia for all the hard work !!! Hugs! I will look for those #5 #6 designs and see what I can find! :)

Anne said...

I do Have already Bags of Fun though, so if you make it #7, I will do it! LOL choices, choices!!!!

Julianne said...

How would I get the magazine 174 since it is an old one?

Preeti said...

I will go with #5 first and if that is done, then will start #6 :)
There is another one in Cross stitcher issue 234, Jan 2011 named 'Playtime' or 'TOYs'. Not sure if anyone has stitched it before. we can add that for 2015 list as well

Stitching Noni said...

I have all three designs so I am definitely in for SAL's 5 & 6 and if 7 comes online I will do that one as well - good one to do for the second half of the year leading up to Christmas!
Great choices! :o)

Hugs xx

Preeti said...

Dear Noni,
# 7 is online since last month .....jan2014 issue. Can't wait to see all three of yours :)

Angel said...

I finished 5.
I will try to do 6 too.
Yes, if bags of fun will come as 7 i am in!!
Like it a lot!



Olga Visser said...

For those who have Cross Stitch Crazy Issue 174 not own, follow the link to order!

http://secure3.subscribeonline.co.uk/origin/products.sol?mag=365X&cmp=X1117&promobox=false

hugs,
Olga

♥ Nia said...

Bags of fun has some fans too! Great :D
I will post and image and add SAL #7 ;)

#HeatherMakes said...

I'll do #5 :)
I dug out the magazine's from my pile and Cara saw this one and wants me to stitch it lol
Better do what the little boss says haha!!!

Viver por Amor said...

Cats is not for me...but...i will (finally) come true my SAL2013...so that will be my participation this year!:D
***=)

Ana said...

Hi Nia!

Please count me for sal #5 and #7. I will try to follow Noni suggestion and in the first 6 months stitch sal #5 and then the following months sal #7 to end the year with some Christmas stitching. :)

Can´t wait to start. :)

Kisses

Anne said...

Nia: you're such a sweetie!!! Thanks!! Happy Stitching everyone! :)

Unknown said...

I have already started on Sunny Snooze (I will post a pic soon), and I hope to get the other two charts, so please count me in for all three of the SALs for 2014. Thanks so much, Nia!

♥ Nia said...

Lists updated!! :)

Laura said...

I think I'll stitch sal nr.7...Laura

Preeti said...

Thank you Nia for consolidating the lists for all 3 projects!!:)
I will start with #5 and then, if done, will join #6. If that requires adding my name in the 2nd list too, then pls do add. Alternatively, I will just jump into that group after finishing the first one. Looking forward to my first MSherry SAL:))
Good luck to all !!

Stitching Noni said...

Lots of lovely stitching ahead for 2014!
Thank you Nia for organising these great SAL's :)
Hugs x

♥ Nia said...

Lists updated!! :)

Musicwoman said...

When seeing all these nice pattern. Ican't help. As I need patterns who make me smile I must do all of them.
I have just bought all three magazines. Now I can start at any time.
I hope that I can do this in the year 2014.
So I am so looking forward to these SALS and hope that my depression will end when doing hte smiling guys.
Love to all of you
Judith

Jules said...

I would love to stitch all 3 but I don't think I have any of the designs. I will have to look in my magazines this weekend. If I have any of them, I will join in the SAL.

Zurainny Ismail said...

Hi Nia, please count me in, I'm doing Bags of Fun, but can only start some time in mid-Feb or early March, depending on the arrival of the fabric I ordered. Cheers!

♥ Nia said...

Lists updated! :)

Jules you can still buy recent issues of these magazines online. If you can't get anything, write an email to me, I will try to help.

Shebafudge said...

I would love to stitch the Christmas bag one with you all :) So cute!

maurycjusz said...

Hello:) I would like to stitch a Spring Bouquet:))) - is it possible at this moment or is it too late??? many greetings from Poland;) maurycjusz

Unknown said...

Hi Nia. I have not managed to get hold of the chart for SAL #5, so please take me off the list. Thank you. I still hope to finish SAL #6 & 7.

Unknown said...

I LOVE THE KITTEN IN THE HAMMOCK.
jACKIE SOLIONGCO