January 29, 2014

My Margaret Sherry Christmas Stitchings

Now that all the presents have been given out, I can show everyone the Margaret Sherry stitchings I did for some friends (and for myself) this Christmas.


The snowman (or snowlady?), Santa Claus and polar bear tree ornaments came from Christmas Cross Stitch Favourites (Christmas, 2012). I stuck beads on the ends of dress pins and then used them to mount the designs on round pieces of foam core mounting board. The red and green beads around the Santa ornament reminded me of twinkling Christmas lights and I really liked the effect.


Santa and the snowman ornament were given away to friends as part of their Christmas gifts, but the polar bears I kept for our own tree. You can't see it in the picture, but I used a sparkly Kreinik blending filament on the falling dots of snow, so that they would sparkle a bit.


I didn't finish stitching this one until about two weeks ago - a bit late for Christmas. Luckily, I was making it for myself, so there was no real deadline. It will become part of our household Christmas decorations next year. I love knitting and crocheting when I'm not busy cross stitching, so I knew I had to make this design when I saw it. ("Knitting Cat" is available as a downloadable pattern from Margaret Sherry's website.)

Thanks for looking everyone,

9 comments:

Shebafudge said...

What gorgeous finishes. They are all beautiful. Congratulations!

Julianne said...

Love them all! Thanks for sharing!

I also bought and downloaded that pattern of the knitting cat. I want to make it for my daughter who enjoys knitting.

Stitching Noni said...

Absolutely beautiful. I love the designs and really love your finishes. Great idea to use pins and beads to finish, they do so look like Christmas lights :)
Knitting kitty is so cute :)

Suzi said...

Absolutly amazing, I think I could do some stitching ornaments this Christmas :-)

Valma said...

ho my Amber !
those ornaments are wonderful !!!
I love them all, I love mice so love the last one, but the one with the polar bears is just incredible =)
Very well done !!
Great great job
thank you again for your card sweetie, you need to send me your new postal address via email =D
big big hugs
xxxx

Angel said...

wow, those are sooo cute!
Especially knitting cat and polar bears!

amber said...

Thanks for the kind words everyone! These were a lot of fun to stitch.

@Valma, I'm glad you received my card. I don't think I have your email address right now. Cleared too much out of my email I guess. You can write me at the email address on the top left corner of my blog and I'll happily send you my mailing address, or ask Nia if she can pass my mailing address on to you :)

♥ Nia said...

Beautiful finishes!!!! I loooove your ornaments :D
Congrats on your work sweetie :D

Mary Joan said...

OH WOW! Beautiful stitching. Thank you for sharing.